Carl H. Lindner III Center for Insurance and Risk Management
The Carl H. Lindner III Center for Insurance and Risk Management seeks to understand and improve how economies, enterprises and individuals manage risk. The Insurance and Risk Management (IRM) program provides an undergraduate major and minor to prepare students for a variety of insurance and risk management careers.
The Carl H. Lindner III Center for Insurance and Risk Management is supported by an endowment created by the generous gift made by Carl H. Lindner III and his wife Martha, along with support from Great American Insurance Company, in memory of Carl H. Lindner Jr.
The Center aims to be the premier provider of:
- Talented, achievement-oriented individuals who will excel and lead in the rich variety of stimulating and rewarding careers in the risk management profession, within enterprises and in the insurance and financial services industries, and
- Thought-leadership through high-impact research and collaboration between academia and industry.
- Promote the importance of risk management to enterprises.
- Promote careers in insurance and risk management to students.
- Facilitate interactions between students and members of the insurance and risk management profession including career fairs, an industry speaker series, and experiential learning opportunities.
- Stimulate synergies within the portfolio of disciplines at the University of Cincinnati and the Carl H. Lindner College of Business including Finance, Business Analytics, Sales, Information Technology and Actuarial Science to better serve the insurance industry and the risk management profession.
Interim Director, Carl H. Lindner III Center for Insurance and Risk Management, Professor of Finance
2334 Carl H. Lindner Hall