What is Applied Economics?
Do you want to learn from leaders in the field about advanced econometrics, industrial organization, urban, regional and labor economics? Do you want a graduate degree in economics that offers you exceptional job placement and the opportunity for significant career advancement opportunities? Are you looking for a master's program in economics that offers you the opportunity to study either full or part time?
If you answered yes to these questions, we urge you to consider the MS in Applied Economics!
The MS in Applied Economics provides our students with a solid training in economic theory and applications, and also provides a very strong background in applied econometrics. By the end of the program, our students understand how to build sensible models based upon economic principles, and how to actually estimate, test, interpret and explain these models.
- A bachelor's degree. The degree does not need to be in economics. Your undergraduate GPA needs to be a 3.0 or higher. Your bachelor's degree must be completed prior to enrollment in the program.
- Completion (with a grade of "B" or better) of:
- An introductory-level course in microeconomic theory
- An introductory-level course in macroeconomic theory
- One semester or two quarters of college-level calculus
- One course in college-level statistics
- A score from the GRE or GMAT exam taken within the last five years. Please note that these scores are used as only one source of information in the admission process.
- Academic transcripts
- Two letters of recommendation
The MS in Applied Economics degree provides students with an exceptional set of applied economic and econometric analytical tools that have demonstrated value in the marketplace. Graduates enjoy success as:
- Analysts in market research, insurance, healthcare, and in banking and finance.
- Positions with consulting firms as well as in public-sector planning and economic analysis organizations.
- Excellent preparation for further study in a PhD program. Over the last several years, we have placed graduates in PhD programs at Indiana, Vanderbilt, Oregon, Duke, University of Texas, Purdue University, and others.
The Carl H. Lindner College of Business holds AACSB accreditation. AACSB International business accreditation is an achievement earned only by programs of the highest caliber. Institutions that earn accreditation confirm their commitment to quality and continuous improvement through a rigorous and comprehensive peer review. Less than one-third of U.S. business school programs and only 15% of business school programs worldwide meet the rigorous standards of AACSB International accreditation.
Cincinnati, OH 45221
Program Code: 22MAS-APEC-MS