Master of Science in Information Systems
A Top 40 MS Information Systems program in North America.
Why Lindner for Information Systems?
The Master of Science in Information Systems program at the Lindner College of Business combines core business knowledge with Information Systems-focused technical courses and real-world experience. Our MS in Information Systems program is renowned for its strengths in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Business Intelligence, Database Design and Modeling and Project Management.
Our MS IS students benefit from our program's ongoing partnerships with multiple leading companies. As part of our continual focus on the real-world application of classroom learning, corporate partners visit the University of Cincinnati campus each week to present seminars to, recruit, and interview our Information Systems students. Most years, 100 percent of our MS IS students are employed upon graduation, with many of them working at the world's most respected companies including Google, Microsoft, Accenture, Yahoo!, and Procter & Gamble.
For more information, request a copy of our program flyer.
- Lindner's MS IS program provides a flexible, innovative curriculum, accommodating students with diverse educational backgrounds and work experiences. The program is known for its strengths in the areas of ERP, Business Intelligence, Database Design and Modeling, and Project Management.
- The full-time academic program can be completed in two semesters with remaining courses completed during the six month paid internship period. Flexible class options accommodate working and part-time students.
- On-campus employer seminars and recruiting: Almost every week throughout the school year, major employers seeking analytics and technical talent will present seminars, recruit, or interview MS Information Systems students.
- Our MS IS faculty conduct leading-edge research and have extensive experience in both industry and academia. The faculty leverage their expertise to offer practical, leading edge courses that are designed to put students two steps ahead of the competition.
- MS IS students may decide to pursue specialized graduate certificates in Data Analytics, ERP, or Operations Excellence. Students may also pursue an MBA in addition to an MS IS degree.
- To ensure students have access to the latest technology and the best job opportunities, the program cultivates close ties with the local business community and technology partnerships with major Information Systems vendors and solution-providers.
What you'll learn
The MS Information Systems core curriculum focuses on business and information technology skills and includes courses in project management, ERP, systems analysis, business intelligence, database management, and web development.
The program is a pioneer among graduate Information Systems programs, requiring every full-time student to complete a minimum six-month paid internship before graduation.
The University of Cincinnati Master of Science in Information Systems program may be completed as either a full-time student or as a part-time student. The full-time program can be completed in as few as 15 months and includes a required six month internship. This program is STEM designated.