Master of Science in Information Systems
A Top 15 MS Information Systems program in North America.
Why Lindner for Information Systems?
The Master of Science in Information Systems program at the Lindner College of Business combines core business knowledge with Information Systems-focused technical courses and real-world experience. Our MS in Information Systems program is renowned for its strengths in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Business Intelligence, Database Design and Modeling and Project Management.
Our MS IS students benefit from our program's ongoing partnerships with multiple leading companies. As part of our continual focus on the real-world application of classroom learning, corporate partners visit the University of Cincinnati campus each week to present seminars to, recruit, and interview our Information Systems students. Most years, 100 percent of our MS IS students are employed upon graduation, with many of them working at the world's most respected companies including Google, Microsoft, Accenture, Yahoo!, and Procter & Gamble.
- Lindner's MS IS program provides a flexible, innovative curriculum, accommodating students with diverse educational backgrounds and work experiences.
- The full-time program is typically completed in 18-24 months depending on the duration of the required industry practicum experience. Flexible class options accommodate working and part-time students.
- Among one of the most affordable programs in the nation, with scholarships ranging $2,000-$10,000 depending on standardized test scores and language proficiency.
- On-campus employer seminars and recruiting: Almost every week throughout the school year, major employers seeking analytics and technical talent will present seminars, recruit, or interview MS Information Systems students.
- Our MS IS faculty conduct leading-edge research and have extensive experience in both industry and academia. The faculty leverage their expertise to offer practical, leading edge courses that are designed to put students two steps ahead of the competition.
- MS IS students may decide to pursue specialized graduate certificates—such as Data Analytics or Health Care. Students may also pursue an MBA in addition to an MS IS degree.
- To ensure students have access to the latest technology and the best job opportunities, the program cultivates close ties with the local business community and technology partnerships with major Information Systems vendors and solution-providers.
What you'll learn
The MS Information Systems core curriculum focuses on business and information technology skills and includes courses in project management, ERP, systems analysis, business intelligence, database management, and web development.
The program is a pioneer among graduate Information Systems programs, requiring every full-time student to complete a minimum six-month paid internship before graduation.
The University of Cincinnati Master of Science in Information Systems program may be completed as either a full-time student or as a part-time student. The full-time program can be completed in as few as 15 months, with most completing it in 18-24 months, which includes a required industry practicum experience. This program is STEM designated.
Current Cohort Profile
- GRE: 310
- GMAT: 608
- Years of work experience: 3.6
- GPA: 3.4/4.0 scale
- Age: 25
Assistant Professor - Educator, Department of Operations, Business Analytics, and Information Systems
3457 Carl H. Lindner Hall