Resources For Students
The Lindner Career Services team is here to help you:
- Acquire teamwork skills and the ability to present yourself with confidence;
- Strengthen your resume through international and local co-op or internship opportunities;
- Develop interview, etiquette, presentation, and writing skills through focused coursework beginning freshman year;
- Fuel career planning through support from our career services team.
Individual Coaching Appointments
Lindner Career Services Center is open for both in-person and virtual appointments! For all career and professional related needs, students are welcome to schedule career coaching sessions through Handshake:
- Go to the Handshake homepage
- Click Career Center
- Click Appointments > Schedule a New Appointment
- Click Lindner College of Business > Lindner Career Services – Individual Coaching Appointment
- Pick a day that works for you, and then select a time
- Under Appointment medium, select your preference
Drop-in career coaching is available from 1-4 p.m., Monday through Friday, both in-person and virtually. You can come to Lindner Hall Suite 1420 for in-person career coaching, or click the button below to access our virtual Zoom room.
This guide features answers to your career questions and advice on topics from resume writing and interviewing to the do's and don'ts of professional attire.
The Career Guide is available here as a PDF download.
Dress to Impress guide
First impressions go a long way. Our Dress to Impress Guide includes advice on what to wear (and not wear) and several examples for both business casual and business professional dress.
The Dress to Impress guide is available here as a PDF download.
Have questions on how to use Handshake? Access additional tips and video tutorials.
Follow us on social media
- Job search strategies
- Mock interviews
- Resume and LinkedIn profile critiques
- Career assessments
- Career conversations
Accessibility Resources, in a partnership with the State of Ohio's Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD) office, is proud to offer college-to-career services for our students with disabilities. Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities (OOD) provides counseling and guidance to individuals with disabilities who are seeking employment to jointly choose an employment goal based on strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, capabilities and interests. A thorough, objective understanding of your assets and liabilities, and of employment opportunities, is a prerequisite in planning. For more information and to meet with a College2Career counselor, visit UC's College to Career website.