Resources For Students
Although in-person classes are conducting remotely through the end of the semester, Lindner Career Services Center remains open. For all career and professional related needs, students are welcome to schedule virtual career coaching sessions through Handshake:
- Go to the Handshake homepage
- Click Career Center
- Click Appointments > Schedule a New Appointment
- Click Lindner College of Business > Lindner Career Services – Individual Coaching Appointment
- Pick a day that works for you, and then select a time
- Under Appointment medium, select your preference Phone Call or Video Call
Virtual Appointment Options
- If you selected Video Call, your career coach will contact you via Microsoft Teams. Teams can be accessed through a web browser, phone app, or desktop app. To access through your web browser:
- Log in to mail.uc.edu
- Select the “App Launcher” icon in the top left-hand side of the screen
- Click “Teams”
- At your scheduled appointment time, a coach will start a video/audio conference call with you
- If you selected Phone Call, your career coach will call you at your scheduled appointment time. Please leave your cell number in the Appointment Notes section.
For other frequently asked questions, please view the Student FAQ page.
As a Lindner College of Business student, you will create a customized roadmap for cultivating professionalism, academics, character, and engagement that fits your personal goals and enables career success. This model is known as PACE.
The Lindner Career Services team is here to help you develop those professional characteristics. We'll help you:
- Acquire teamwork skills and the ability to present yourself with confidence;
- Strengthen your resume through international and local co-op or internship opportunities;
- Develop interview, etiquette, presentation, and writing skills through focused coursework beginning freshman year;
- Fuel career planning through support from our career services team.
This guide features answers to your career questions and advice on topics from resume writing and interviewing to the do's and don'ts of professional attire.
The Career Guide is available here as a PDF download.
Dress to Impress guide
First impressions go a long way. Our Dress to Impress Guide includes advice on what to wear (and not wear) and several examples for both business casual and business professional dress.
The Dress to Impress guide is available here as a PDF download.
Have questions on how to use Handshake? Access additional tips and video tutorials.
Follow us on social media
- Job search strategies
- Mock interviews
- Resume and LinkedIn profile critiques
- Career assessments
- Career conversations