Due to inclement weather and road conditions, the University of Cincinnati will be closed until 10 a.m. on Wed, Mar 21, 2018. More infomration is available at http://www.uc.edu/alert
To explore a business degree, major or minor, non-business students should attend a prospective student information session. You may register for a session by contacting the:
Undergraduate Programs Office
Carl H. Lindner Hall, Room 105
The Lindner College of Business does not advise non-business students with individual appointments.
Students may file the "Applications for Change in College" form, available through the Registrar's Office.The Lindner College of Business accepts transition students to begin in the fall, spring or summer semester.
The "Application for Change in College and Program" for the Lindner College of Business must be submitted to the Undergraduate Programs Office, Carl H. Lindner Hall, Rm. 105, following these application deadlines:
- Fall Semester: July 1
- Spring Semester: November 1
- Summer Semester: March 1
Requirements for transition into the Lindner College of Business:
- For the bachelor of arts in economics (BA), the bachelor of business administration (BBA) and bachelor of science in industrial management (BSIM) majors, a cumulative collegiate Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale over all course work attempted is required. Please note that the cumulative collegiate GPA for transitioning students is calculated using all course work attempted at each college and university attended.
- Candidates for admission must have at least a 2.0 University of Cincinnati GPA, in addition to a 2.5 overall GPA. Conditional offers of admission will be made using transcripts with courses in progress. A final transcript is required before the student is allowed to enroll.
- Applicants to the BA or one of the BBA majors must demonstrate appropriate progress toward completion of the required mathematics courses. All Lindner College of Business students must complete Math 1044(Applied Calc I) and 1045 (Applied Calc II) (a 6 hour math sequence) or its equivalent, Math 1046 (Business Calculus – 5hrs) OR Math 1061 (Calculus I - 4 hrs) and Math 1062 (Calculus II - 4 hrs) or the equivalent from another institution. To be admitted to the college, students must have earned a grade of C- or better in Math 1044 or Math 1061, or successfully completed Math 1046 with a passing grade prior to submitting an application for change in college.
- Applicants to the BSIM must demonstrate appropriate progress toward completion of the required mathematics courses, Math 1061 (Calculus I - 4 hrs) and Math 1062 (Calculus II - 4 hrs) or the equivalent from another institution. To be admitted to the college, students must have earned a grade of C- or better in Math 1061, prior to submitting an application for change in college.
- Students with fewer than the equivalent of 30 semester hours of earned college-level course work must also supply high school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores. These students will be considered for admission as transitioning students based on the relevant first-year admission criteria (including ACT or SAT scores, high school GPA and rank in class) and the applicable transfer admission requirements.
- Attendance at a Lindner College of Business Orientation session is required to complete the admissions process. Failure to attend a Lindner Orientation session will result in the offer of admission being rescinded.