Due to COVID-19, the LCB-Bridge Program in summer 2020 will be a fully remote program occurring between June 9 and July 24.
Summer 2020 LCB-Bridge Program
- Math: Every Tuesday or Thursday 1– 2 p.m.
- Weekly Check-Ins: Wednesday 2–3 p.m. or Thursday 7–8 p.m.
- Business Innovation: Tuesday, July 7, 11 a.m.–12 p.m.
Overall time commitment for Bridge is 14-20 hours per week (equivalent to the house expected of two college-level courses). Only 2 hours per week (outside of July 7) are specifically required times.
What is LCB-Bridge?
- A seven week online program that previews business topics while helping you build your math competency and potentially earn college credit for Freshman English.
- You can earn full admission into the Lindner College of Business as early as spring semester 2021 upon completion of the program.
- A limited number of need-based scholarships are available to subsidize the $1,000 cost of the LCB-Bridge program. Click here to log into Catalyst and access the LCB Bridge Scholarship Application form.
How do I secure my spot in LCB-Bridge?
Confirm your UC admission to LCB-Bridge (offered through Exploratory Studies in the College of Arts & Sciences) by June 1, 2020.
What is the schedule for LCB-Bridge?
The schedule for LCB-Bridge is a seven-week asynchronous program. Students must be available for the following time windows between the weeks of June 9 and July 24:
- Launch: June 9, 2–4 p.m. or 7–9 p.m.
- Weekly Check-Ins: Wednesdays 2–3 p.m. or Thursdays 7–8 p.m.
- Math Sessions: Tuesdays or Thursdays 1–2 p.m. (beginning in week two)
Register for your preferred launch time here.
More information about LCB-Bridge
LCB-Bridge is a seven week online program that previews business topics while helping you build your math competency and potentially earn college credit for freshman English (ENGL1001).
During the summer you will hear speakers introducing various current business topics, write about those topics, and enhance your math skills through a targeted online program.
For fall semester, you will be registered in a first-year learning community of Exploratory Studies students who are also in the LCB-Bridge program. Designated programming will be offered to support you academically and accelerate you toward full admission to the Lindner College of Business.
You can earn full admission into the Lindner College of Business as early as spring semester 2020 by participating in the LCB-Bridge program, earning a C- or better in your fall 2020 math class and earning a 2.5/4.0 cumulative college GPA. Unlike traditional Exploratory Studies students, who are not eligible for admission until they have completed a full year at UC, students in LCB-Bridge are eligible to transition to the Lindner College of Business after their first semester.
A limited number of need-based scholarships are available to subsidize the $1,000 cost of the LCB-Bridge program. Those who successfully complete the program will earn three credits of freshman English (or general education credits–valued at $1,377, or $459 per credit hour plus books). The program will provide all instruction, books, business lecturers, and speakers.
If you’ve already completed ENGL 1001, the credit you receive through LCB-Bridge will count as a free elective toward your Business degree.
The seven-week summer program is a requirement for all LCB-Bridge students. If you would rather not take classes over the summer, you can enter UC as an Exploratory student in the College of Arts & Sciences and transition to the Lindner College of Business after your first year. Please contact your admission counselor if you would like to pursue this option.
If you have further questions, please contact the Lindner College of Business at email@example.com. On behalf of the faculty and staff of Cincinnati’s Lindner College of Business, we look forward to welcoming you as a member of the University community and the LCB-Bridge Program.