The Lindner Business Honors Experience
Lindner Business Honors (LBH) encapsulates an entire collegiate experience that is comprised of academics, relationship building opportunities, leadership development, real-world experience, keeping or starting old and new traditions, and so much more.
Business Problem Solving
Dedicated Infrastructure of Honors Faculty & Staff
- Honors faculty teaching honors sections of courses and community mentors that can be guest speakers, and help when students need additional guidance.
- Honors sections of key courses that embrace the theme of business problem solving, such as a simulation facilitated by St. Vincent de Paul in ECON 1001.
- External lunch and learn events that introduce students to working professionals in a given field, such as business analytics.
- Dedicated career coach to help you find a successful co-op and academic advisors to make sure your degree requirements are being fulfilled for graduation.
- Foundational and specialty courses, such as:
- Business Pathways
- Career Success Strategy
- Bennis Leadership Accelerator
Specialized Academic & Experience Learning
- Three required co-op experiences.
- Built-in study abroad opportunities, such as the first-year study abroad experience to Puerto Rico.
- Flexibility to pursue other study abroad opportunities. For example, 11 students studied abroad in spring 2022 in the United Arab Emirates, Toulouse, France, Linz, Austria and Santiago, Chile.
Personalized Honors Communities
- Living and learning community in Morgens Hall.
- Leadership opportunities with the Lindner Business Honors Student Board.
- Community building through:
- LBH Leadership Experience at Camp Joy.
- Racial Reckoning Workshop hosted by Undivided and dedicated member of the Lindner executive cabinet Howard Elliott.
- Question. Persuade. Refer. Suicide Prevention Training through Grant Us Hope.
- Business Etiquette Dinner.
- Participate in one of two social houses:
- Lindner Honors-PLUS.
- Kolodzik Business Scholars.
Foundation for Exploration
The table below represents a snapshot of the curricular experience typical of the first and second years in Lindner Business Honors.
While this approach is strongly recommended as a best practice, it is not required if a student wishes to pursue other courses. An asterisk (*) designates a required course regardless of variation in schedule.
|Year 1 Fall||Year 1 Spring||Year 2 Fall|
|Intro to Marketing||Financial Accounting||Managerial Accounting|
|Essentials of Business I*||Essentials of Business II*||Intro to Operations Management|
|Pathways of Business*||Business Analytics I||Business Analytics II|
|Career Success Strategies*||Digital Technology for Business||Bennis Leadership Accelerator|
|Cultural Competencies (Study Abroad)|
Vibrant and Inclusive Community
- Access to corporations and alumni for networking and mentorship.
- Dinner at Great American Insurance Group offices with the Lindner family.
- Opportunity to attend the college’s annual Cincinnati Business Achievement Awards.
- Make connections with organizations through Project Strategy, such as Cintas, EY, Fifth Third, Abre, Healing Center, Amify, LOTH, Inc., Melink.
- Alumni Board created to support current Lindner Business Honors students, alumni, and faculty and staff that also support the Honors students. This group bridges current Honors program with 1,200+ alumni from Lindner Business Honors.
Questions about Lindner Business Honors?
Please reach out to Ashley McFarland, associate director, undergraduate recruitment at email@example.com.
All are invited to keep up with Lindner Business Honors on Instagram at @lindnerbusinesshonors.