Johnson Investment Counsel Investment Lab
The forthcoming Johnson Investment Counsel Investment Lab space will be a focal point of innovation in the new Lindner College of Business building opening in the fall of 2019.
Thanks to the generosity of Timothy (Tim) Johnson, PhD, founder of Cincinnati-based Johnson Investment Counsel, and his wife, Janet, the new building will feature a named institute and interactive investment lab equipped with:
- FactSet, Capital IQ, and other software systems
- A simulated "trading floor" where students can hone their financial skills
- 24 dual workstations
- 12 Bloomberg computer terminals
- Roughly 104’ of ticker tape
The investment lab promises to be a cutting-edge space and provide critical experiential learning tools to educate and train future business leaders for Cincinnati and beyond.
Equipping the new building with experience-based, leading-edge tools helps position the college and university for even greater success.
Tim Johnson, PhD Founder, Johnson Investment Counsel, Lindner Business Advisory Council Member, Longtime Professor of Finance, Lindner College of Business, University of Cincinnati
Value added for our students:
- Extensive hands-on experience with industry technology and data allows them to be immediately productive on the job.
- Those serving as lab assistants will have a demonstrated high-level of expertise with key industry tools to give them an advantage in the job market.
- Increased incorporation of these tools throughout Lindner’s Finance curriculum.
- Opportunities to take new, advanced investments-related electives.
Displays and monitors
- Eight 70” Sharp flatscreen monitors
- Two 60” Sharp flatscreen monitors
- One 55” ceiling-mounted display
- Dual projectors with screen at the front of the room.
- Roughly 104’ of ticker tape will cover three walls around the top edge of the room
- Full-color LED display
- Three-year subscription to market feeds
- Three-year subscription to ticker support contract to help with customization
- Total seats: 48
- Students will be able share terminals for Bloomberg and other software offerings.
We will be hiring a full-time Lab Manager whose duties will include:
- Managing and scheduling the space
- Training student assistants and faculty
- Actively helping faculty incorporate lab resources into their courses
- Developing support materials
- Constructing datasets and performing basic empirical analysis to support faculty research
- Potentially teaching a small number of Finance program elective courses, dependent on the applicant's skills and experience