Goering Center Newsletter
Hear from our region’s thought leaders and learn what’s new with our members and volunteers.
- What your business needs to do to get ready for partnership audits – Kelvin M. Lawrence, Dinsmore & Shohl LLP
- Wisdom is knowing when to ‘lean back’: Community gives context to content – Carol Butler, Goering Center
- Your personal balance sheet: Where financial independence begins – Dawn Jinski and Tom Schiller, Plante Moran
- Transitioning your private business: Getting a private business ready for transition starts on day one – Rob Daly and Brian Ross, RSM US LLP
- Finding the needle in the waste-stack – Chris Luckhaupt, Cassady Schiller CPAs & Advisors
- Lessons to be learned from HBO’s hit show "Succession" – Greg Hoernschemeyer, HORAN
Family & Private Business Awards edition.
- Experiencing burnout? Ask these three questions to help you fall back in love with your business. – Joni Fedders & Clay Mathile, Aileron
- Let culture be your guide – Brian Miller, McGohan Brabender
- Lift 2020 - Lisa Jonas, Goering Center
- Listen to your data: Leverage data analytics to outperform the competition - Jonathan Poeder, Clark Schaefer Hackett
- Hard questions. Big decisions: Succession planning isn't easy. The Goering Center can help.
- Healthy cultures. Better bottom lines: Register now for the Communication & Culture Institute.
- Cast your vote for the Rising Leader Award
- "Work on your business, not in your business..." but how? – Doug Meyer, Brixey & Meyer
- Securing your legacy to the third generation – Tara N. Adams, Johnson Family Office Services
- Planning beyond the buy-sell: ownership structure considerations for closely held business owners – Andrea Costa Laden & Todd Wilkowski, Frost Brown Todd
- Building on its 30 Year History, Goering Center Embraces an Innovative Future - Carol Butler - Goering Center
- The Family Business Keys to Success - Bryan Havighurst - Fifth Third Bank
- Staffing Challenges? Stop Complaining and Act! - Rich Oakes - GigSmart
- How to Prepare for a Sale of Your Business - David Jahnke - Katz Teller
- Cybersecurity Isn’t Just for Large Companies - Dann Glover - TechSolve
- Investing in Capital Expenditures - Steve Mullinger - US Bank
- Risks to the Employer in Hiring Someone with a Non-competition Agreement - Jeffrey R. Teeters - Wood + Lamping LLP
- Ownership Transition: Why Business Owners Should Consider an ESOP When Exiting Their Business - Kevin Ward - Huntington
- Retaining Talent Through Retirement Plans and Deferred Compensation - Dean Johns - John D. Dovich & Associates
- Written Exit Plans Provide a Variety of Benefits for Business Owners - Crystal Faulkner - MCM CPAs & Advisors
Family and Private Business Awards edition.
- 5 Ways to Make Sure Family Runs Your Company in the Future
- Risk Financing Strategies: When to Transfer and When to Retain Risk
- Solving the Mystery of the Phantom Employee
- What's this News Pass-Through Deduction and Am I the Right Business Entity?
- Planning a Business Succession: the Human Side
- Please Remain Seated and Fasten Your Seatbelts
- The Power of Partnership: Celebrating 10 Years with the Goering Center
- I Know You Don't Want to Read This...
- Impact of Tax Reform on Businesses: Verdict Still Out
- Backups are an Essential Aspect of your Organization's Cyber Security Protection
- Business Transfer Planning: A Tale of Two Sellers
- Why History Matters; Understanding Market Trends
- Personal Guaranties: What Every Business Owner Needs to Know
- Emergence of Fractional / Outsourced Trusted Business Advisory Services
- The Impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on Executive Compensation
- Old Fashioned Strategies Won't Work in Today's Modern Labor Market
- Dawn of a New Era
- What You Need to Know About Tax Reform
- The Millennial Guide to Financial Health