Next Generation Institute
The Next Generation Institute sparked communication between me and my son, Luke. It helped him develop an awareness of how challenging it is to be an owner and we both learned how to avoid some really big mistakes that can be made during a business transition.
Jim Perry, Perry Contracting
Preparing for transition
In this deeply engaging eight-session half day forum we show current and successive generations of your family business how to prepare and gradually transition roles and ownership when you're ready.
Side-by-side, with the support of expert facilitators, multiple members of each generation can share and learn:
- How to create a mutual vision for your family business.
- The eight steps of a seamless transition to new leadership and/or ownership.
- How a network of advisors and peers in other family firms can be essential.
- How an outside board of advisors or directors can be invaluable.
- Ways to value your business and finance the ownership transaction.
- How to optimize the legal and tax issues that affect transition.
- Strategies and techniques to build trust with family, employees and customers.
- The emotional aspects of transition and how to prepare for them.
Numerous business experts who have worked with regional family firms that have addressed these issues present the Next Generation Institute.
Many sessions include local family business owners who have successfully completed a generational transition.
Facilitators divide participants into roundtables and help each individual make the program content especially relevant to their family business.
Register for the Next Generation Institute
Who should attend: Tuition includes one G1 and one G2. Additional family members are encouraged to participate for an additional fee. G1 spouses are invited at no charge.
Where: NGI takes place at the Sharonville Convention Center.
When: NGI takes place on select Tuesdays from 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., with breakfast and lunch included.
For more information on the Next Generation Institute, contact Steve McLemore, Membership Director at 513-556-7409.
Register for Overview Breakfast for the Next Generation Institute
The Goering Center is hosting a complimentary Overview Breakfast for the Next Generation Institute®, to provide an opportunity for current and successive generations to explore this institute.
Join us to discover if NGI can help you and your future generation with the process of preparing for transition and success.