Interpreting Your Financial Results
This six-hour workshop will give you the tools and knowledge you need to read behind the numbers of your financial statements. You'll learn about finance basics and best practices, find out how to read and analyze your financial statements, and tap into practical concepts that can help you make sound business decisions.
By the end of the workshop you will:
- Understand the different components of your balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements;
- Utilize ratios and apply them to your own financial data;
- Be more confident interacting with your accountants and financial advisors;
- Interpret your financial data to provide focus on areas of your business that may need additional monitoring and improvement.
The Interpreting Your Financial Results workshop is presented in partnership with Aileron for business owners and leaders of family and privately held organizations who want to understand and use their financial statements to make sound business decisions. It is not intended for CPAs, CFOs, or other seasoned financial professionals.
Individualized instruction and support
During the first part of the workshop, you'll learn about accounting and finance fundamentals to read behind the numbers and see what they're really saying about your business.
The second half of the workshop will focus on putting what you've learned into practice. Use this time to:
- Analyze your own balance sheet, income statements, and cash flow statements to better understand your company's performance.
- Make calculations based on actual financial data and privately work with the workshop facilitator to answer any questions.
- Develop an action plan that you can implement immediately.
Jack Lohbeck began serving as a member of an Aileron client’s outside advisory board in 2002. Since that time, he has served an additional 5 business owners in that capacity. In 2011 Jack began facilitating Aileron’s programs on becoming an effective board member as well as interpreting financial results for business owners. In 2014 he expanded his involvement, becoming a Business Advisor assisting business owners and presidents intent on implementing professional management within their organizations.
When: May 10, 2018, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
What: Facilitated Workshop
Location: Goering Center, 225 Calhoun Street, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219
Who should attend: Business owners and leaders of family and privately held companies. Open to the public.
Cost: Members: $299 per person; $99 for each additional company participant. Non-members: $399 per person; $145 for each additional company participant.Cost includes continental breakfast and lunch.
Thank you to our featured sponsors:
Clark Schaefer Hackett, Huntington, and McGohan Brabender.