Microsoft Power BI Training
Microsoft PowerBI is a business intelligence software rapidly gaining in popularity. Due to its comprehensive suite of data visualization and integration tools as well as its affordable pricing models, Gartner has ranked Microsoft PowerBI on par with Tableau in 2017.
The following courses are offered. All courses can be customized and delivered at your location.
Introduction to MS Power BI
The course is designed to be an introduction to Microsoft PowerBI and its use as a data analytics and reporting tool. There will be an even mix of lecturing and working sessions where the students will be developing their own dashboards with some sample data. The material will focus on the core building blocks of PowerBI.
|Day One||Day Two|
· Overview of PowerBI Service
· Loading data into PowerBI
· Creating simple visuals
· Using PowerBI quick measures
· Data viz design tips
· Creating interactive reports with filters, cards, KPI’s and targets
By the end of day one, students will be able to load data into PowerBI and create a fully interactive report based on simple calculations.
· Data modeling – table relationships, calculated fields, DAX measures
· What-if scenarios
· Forecasting tools
· Using R within PowerBI
· Sharing and deploying dashboards
· Data security
· Final PowerBI project
By the end of day two, students will be able to model large datasets within PowerBI, generate dynamic dashboards, and deploy those dashboards for use in their businesses.
Advanced MS Power BI
This course takes a deep dive into advanced level Power BI skills, covering lesser known but more advanced skills from the Power BI set of features. This course is a continuation of the "Introduction to Power BI" class or the following knowledge is recommended prior to taking this course: how to connect to data, how to build basic data models, basic PowerBI visualizations, and basic DAX knowledge. Desired Outcomes: • Create more sophisticated calculations and metrics using advanced DAX functionality • Improve the end user experience with various interactive reporting tools • Efficiently publish and deploy PowerBI reports across an organization
|Day One||Day Two
Advanced Data Modeling with DAX
· Running totals and moving averages
· Filtered calculations and subtotals<
· Calculated tables
· DAX variables
· Advanced time intelligence functions
Data Transformations in the Query Editor
· Removing duplicates
· Identifying errors
· Merging queries
· Conditional logic
· ArcGIS maps
Integrating R with Power BI
Features for Interactive Reporting
· Parameters and What-if Analysis
· Action Buttons
· Power BI analyze distribution
· Report Themes
· Power BI templates
Deployment and Security
· Power BI free vs premium
· Creating apps and workspaces
· Reports vs dashboards
· Data Gateways and Scheduled Refresh
· Row-level Security
· Dataflows (preview feature)
Gabe Welp, Senior Technical Analyst, Amend Consulting:
Gabe specializes in Business Intelligence projects, and has implemented and developed enterprise-wide reporting solutions for a diverse group of companies spanning multiple industries. The majority of Gabe's Business Intelligence projects have relied heavily on Power BI. Gabe received his BA in Economics from Brown University. Gabe worked at The Kroger Co. in their finance group before joining AMEND in 2018.
- The essentials were covered. The content was appropriate without being too slow.
- Well versed and knew his stuff
- Covered a lot of material in a short period of time. Well done
- Gabe is very knowledgeable and did a very good job presenting the material
- Great class, relevant and very helping in enhancing my skills
Online Course Fee: $495
This training can also be customized and delivered at your location.