Analytics in Excel
August 23-24, 2018.
This is a two-day deep dive course taking students through hands-on examples in building dashboards, interactive decision support, data visualization theory and applications, advanced charting, and predictive analytics.
- Excel data visualization beyond the basic charting tools.
- Descriptive analytics methods for analyzing data and generating insights.
- How to use Excel for prescriptive analytics.
- Using Excel tools and special functions to gain insights: PivotTables, PivotCharts, VLOOKUP, MATCH, and Data Tables.
This training is perfect for experienced business teams familiar with Excel. People whose roles are business analyst, data analyst, financial analyst, analytics manager, program or project manager and similar will feel very comfortable with the course content, pace, and challenge. This is not an introductory course nor should it be considered on a scale from beginner to advanced. This course is designed for those on business teams to gain immediate and practical skills.
Day one: Fundamentals
- Advanced Lookup and Array Formulas
- Excel Tables
- Error Checking
- Building Interactive Elements
Day two: Theory and applications
- Data Visualization Theory and Applications
- Advanced Excel Charts
- Predictive Analytics
- Exploratory Data Analysis
Jordan Goldmeier, Microsoft Excel MVP.
Jordan is an internationally recognized data scientist and visualization expert, author, and speaker. He wrote Dashboards for Excel and Advanced Excel Essentials, and provides technical editing to articles on Excel development and data science. He has consulted with and provided training for NATO Training Command, the Pentagon, and Financial Times and the University of Cincinnati’s Center for Business Analytics.
Course Fee: $795
U-Square Room 359
225 Calhoun Street
Cincinnati, OH 45219