Finance and Real Estate Seminar Series
For more information on the seminar series contact Mary Ann Lorenzen at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 513-556-7070.
- Lawrence Glosten (Columbia University), September 8, 2017, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m., Stock Market Manipulation and Its Regulation.
- Heitor Almeida (University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign), September 15, 2017, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m., More Cash, Less Innovation: The Effect of the American Jobs Creation Act on Patent Value.
- Joseph Tomain (University of Cincinnati College of Law), September 29, 2017, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m., Achieving Democracy: The Future of Progressive Regulation.
- David Ling (University of Florida), November 10, 2017, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m., There's No Place like Home: Information Asymmetries, Local Asset Concentration, and Portfolio Returns - sponsored by UC Real Estate Center.
- Hongjun Yan (DePaul University), November 17, 2017, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m., The Macro-Informational Role of Derivatives: Evidence from the Sovereign CDS Market.
- Ciamac Moallemi (Columbia University), December 8, 2017, Lindner 401, TIme 1:00 p.m., Monopoly without a Monopolist: An Economic Analysis of the Bitcoin Payment System.
- Paolo Pasquariello (University of Michigan), February 23, 2018, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m.
- Kent Daniel (Columbia University), April 13, 2018, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m.
- Jonathan Brogaard (University of Washington), April 20, 2018, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m.
- Mark Grinblatt (UCLA), April 27, 2018, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m.
- Ryan Israelsen (Indiana University), September 23, 2016, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m., It Depends on Where You Search: A Comparison of Institutional and Retail Attention.
- Daniel McMillen (University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign), September 28, 2016, Lindner 401, Time: 2:30 p.m., House Prices and School Choice: Evidence from Chicago's Magnet Schools Proximity Lottery - sponsored by UC Real Estate Center.
- Umit Gurun (University of Texas - Dallas), October 7, 2016, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m., Trust Busting: The Effect of Fraud on Investor Behavior.
- Thomas Chemmanur (Boston College), October 28, 2016, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m., Innovation beyond Firm Boundaries: Common Blockholders, Strategic Alliances, and Corporate Innovation.
- Felix Chang (University of Cincinnati College of Law), January 13, 2017, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m., Competition Analysis in SEC Rulemaking.
- Vyacheslav Fos (Boston College), February 17, 2017, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m., Debt and Human Capital: Evidence from Student Loans.
- Jacob Sagi (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill), March 3, 2017, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m., Asset-level Risk and Return in Real Estate Investments - sponsored by UC Real Estate Center.
- Liyan Yang (University of Toronto), March 24, 2017, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m., Costly Interpretation of Asset Prices.
- Lars-Alexander Kuehn (Carnegie Mellon University), April 7, 2017, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m., Misallocation Cycles.
- Donald Chance (Louisiana State University), April 21, 2017, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m., Brag, Brag, Brag: Corporate Crowing and Shareholder Wealth.
- Efraim Benmelech (Northwestern University), September 25, 2015, Lindner 401, Time: 10:00 a.m.
- Robert Battalio (University of Notre Dame), October 9, 2015, Lindner 401, Time: 10:30 a.m.
- Martijn Cremers (University of Notre Dame), October 23, 2015, Lindner 401, Time: 10:30 a.m.
- Kumar Venkataraman (Southern Methodist University), November 13, 2015, Lindner 401, Time: 10:30 a.m.
- Stuart Rosenthal (Syracuse University), February 12, 2016, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m.
- Sudheer Chava (Georgia Institute of Technology), March 4, 2016, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m.
- Robert Whitelaw (New York University), March 11, 2016, Lindner 401, Time: 10:00 a.m.
- Michael Faulkender (University of Maryland), April 7, 2016, Lindner 401, Time: 3:00 p.m.
- Stefan Nagel (University of Michigan), April 15, 2016, Lindner 401, Time: 9:30 a.m.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia (Princeton University), April 19, 2016, Lindner 401, Time: 11:00 a.m.
- Alexander Butler (Rice University), September 18, 2014, Lindner 608.
- Haoxiang Zhu (MIT), September 26, 2014, Location: SAP Lab - Theater
- Hengjie Ai (University of Minnesota), October 3, 2014, Location: SAP Lab - Theater.
- Tong Yu (University of Rhode Island), October 24, 2014, Lindner 608, sponsored by the Carl H. Lindner III Center for Insurance and Risk Management.
- Russell Wermers (University of Maryland), November 7, 2014, Lindner 401.
- Shane Johnson (Texas A&M University), November 14, 2014, Location: SAP Lab - Theater.
- Yuhai Xuan (Harvard University), March 27, 2015, Lindner 608.
- Rik Sen (HKUST), April 3, 2015, Lindner 401.
- Darren Kisgen (Boston College), April 10, 2015, Lindner 608.
- Turan Bali (Georgetown University), September 20, 2013. Economic Uncertainty and the Cross-Section of Hedge Fund Returns. Lindner 401.
- Gustavo Manso (University of California at Berkeley), October 11, 2013. Experimentation and the Returns to Entrepreneurship. Lindner 608.
- Zhi Da (University of Notre Dame), November 15, 2013. When the Bellwether Dances to Noise: Evidence from Exchange-traded Funds. Lindner 401.
- Eitan Goldman (Indiana University), March 28, 2014. Endogenously Informed Boards and Board Power. Lindner 401.
- Haim Kassa (UC), September 14th, 2012. The Inevitable Tension between Long-term and Short-term Managerial and Investor Incentives.
- Peng Liu (Cornell University), September 21st, 2012. Real Assets, Liquidation Value and Choice of Financing.
- Hyeongwoo Kim (Auburn University), September 28th, 2012. Nonparametric Evaluation of the Usefulness of the Contrarian Investment Strategy.
- Avis Devine (UC), October 5th, 2012. How Renters Drive House Price Recovery.
- Inho Kim (UC), October 12th, 2012. Share Repurchase Rumors: Signaling and Publication Effects.
- Steve Slezak (UC), November 16th, 2012. Experimental Evidence on Signal-Jamming Models of Fraud.
- Qingqing Chang (UC), November 30th, 2012. Liquidity Risk and Stock Returns: a Return Decomposition Approach.
- Kewei Hou (OSU), March 29th, 2013. Have we solved the idiosyncratic volatility puzzle?
- Itzhak Ben-David (OSU), April 12th, 2013. The Limits to Market Discipline of Banks during Financial Crises.
- Blerina Reca (Toledo), April 15th, 2013. Hedge Fund Crowds and Mispricing.
- Utpal Bhattarcharya (Indiana University), April 19th, 2013. The Dark Side of ETFs and Index Funds.
- Jevgenijs Steinbuks (Purdue), April 29th, 2013. Effects of Prepayment Regulations on Termination of Subprime Mortgages.
- Buhui Qiu (Erasmus University), September 16th, 2011. Do Target CEOs Trade Premiums for Personal Benefits? Evidence from the Last Two Merger Waves.
- Seda Durguner (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), November 4, 2011. The 2007 Subprime Mortgage Crisis: Evidence of Relaxed Lending Standards.
- Hui Guo (University of Cincinnati), November 11, 2011. Informed Trading, Earnings Surprises, and Stock Returns.
- Chris Clifford (University of Kentucky), December 2, 2011. Out of the dark: Hedge fund reporting biases and commercial databases.
- Eva Steiner (University of Cambridge), Jan 13, 2012. New evidence on asymmetric dependence in the returns from U.S. Real Estate Estate Investment Trusts.
- Gary Painter (USC), Mar 9, 2012. Caught in the housing bubble: Immigrants' housing outcomes in traditional gateways and newly emerging destinations.
- Wenlan Qian (NUS, March 27 2012. Transaction Tax: The Double-edged Sword Effects on Price Stability.
- Heitor Almeida (UIUC), May 18, 2012. Internal Capital Markets in Business Groups: Evidence from the Asian Financial Crisis
- Lu Zhang (Ohio State University), October 8, 2010. Investment-based Momentum Profits.
- Tobias Muhlhofer (Indiana University), Nov 12, 2010. Do Stock Prices Move too Much to be Justified by Changes in Dividends?
- Jongha Lim (Ohio State) Dec 3, 2010. The Role of Activist Hedge Funds in Distressed Firms.
- Zongwu Cai (University of North Carolina – Charlotte) Apr 8, 2011. A New Estimation on Time-varying Betas in Conditional CAPM
- Jin-Wan Cho (Carnegie Mellon University and Korea University), April 15. Shooting Yourself in the Foot by Currency Hedging
- Werner DeBondt (DePaul University), April 22, 2011. The Expertise of Mutual Fund Managers.
- Jung Hoon Lee (Indiana University), May 13, 2011. Do Funds of Mutual Funds Add Any Value.
- Cassandra Marshall (Indiana University) May 20, 2011. Are Dissenting Directors Rewarded.
- Davit Adut (University of Cincinnati) May 25, 2011. The Role of Corporate Governance Mechanisms in Attaining Earnings Benchmarks -The Case of Earnings Surprises & Anti-Takeover Provisions
- Robert Sarama (Ohio State University), Nov 13, 2009. Pricing Housing Market Returns.
- Melissa Porras Prado (Erasmus University), Nov 18, 2009. Short Sales, Short Sales Constraints, and Fundamental Value