Outside the classroom, members of the economics faculty are committed to excellent research. All professors maintain active research agendas. Our research has appeared in top general economics journals and field journals, including:
- American Economic Review
- Journal of Econometrics
- European Economic Review
- Review of Economics and Statistics
- Industrial and Labor Relations Review
- Journal of Human Resources
- Journal of Urban Economics
- Games and Economics Behavior
- Journal of Public Economics
- Journal of Applied Econometrics
Our faculty offer expertise in a variety of topics including industrial organization, labor economics, game theory, health economics, econometrics, public finance, urban and regional economics.
The active research environment is also stimulated by a weekly seminar series.
Faculty members are frequent presenters at international and national economics conferences. Several members of the Economics Department have been recognized with national awards, fellowships, and grants. Most researchers are members of editorial boards or associate editors of top field journals.