College-specific updates regarding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The education, health and well-being of the Lindner College of Business community is of paramount importance to the Lindner faculty, staff and administration. In an effort to keep the Lindner College of Business community informed and safe, please refer to the below information and links to resources.
Spring 2021 Update
- The first two weeks of learning for the Spring Semester, from January 11 to January 24, will be conducted online. The university's intent is to resume the original mix of virtual, hybrid, HyFlex and in-person classes on January 25.
- To protect the health and safety of the campus community, spring term 2021 move-in/move-back will be spread out over multiple days from January 6 to January 24. Information on move-in/move-back reservations will be available starting December 15.
- All students in University Housing will be required to complete a COVID-19 test at the time of their return to campus.
- Throughout the semester, required mitigation testing for students will occur twice a week. Once students are notified, they must schedule the required test within the designated week.
View ongoing updates from the University of Cincinnati as they develop at uc.edu/publichealth.
For Lindner Students
- Students are encouraged to check their UC email frequently, as well as Canvas, for course-specific communications from instructors.
- Students will receive detailed information from their professors so that they can plan ahead and make any necessary adjustments to their schedule.
- Again, all policies and guidelines about how to conduct oneself on campus (wearing a facial covering, maintaining a minimum of six feet for social distance, etc.) are detailed in UC's Return to Campus Guide. The Lindner College of Business encourages all students to read UC's Return to Campus Guide in its entirety before arriving on campus.
For Lindner Faculty & Staff
- The Lindner College of Business Information Technology and Instructional Design team has assembled an array of tools to help faculty pivot classes to remote instruction.
- The Agile Learning Team has also compiled questions and answers regarding teaching modalities for the spring 2021 semester.
- Again, all policies and guidelines about how to conduct oneself on campus (wearing a facial covering, maintaining a minimum of six feet for social distance, etc.) are detailed in UC's Return to Campus Guide. The Lindner College of Business encourages all faculty and staff to read UC's Return to Campus Guide in its entirety before going to campus for any reason.
- Faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to use the COVID Check App daily.
Emergency Relief for the UC Family
In these unprecedented times, it’s important to care for ourselves, our families and those in our communities. Our students are now facing extenuating circumstances related to housing, food and other vital resources. Learn more about and contribute to the emergency relief funds established to support our students in need.