Insurance and Risk Management Organizations
The following are academic and business/educational organizations that support the insurance and risk management profession.
Professional Associations and Organizations
Gamma Iota Sigma
Gamma Iota Sigma (GIS) is an international risk management, insurance and actuarial science collegiate fraternity.
The Lindner GIS Gamma Chapter is happy to welcome you!
Risk Management Society
The Risk Management Society (RIMS) is a global not-for-profit committed to advancing the practice of risk management throughout the world.
International Insurance Society
The International Insurance Society is a international, unique, cross-sector platform for all stakeholders of the insurance community to engage in active collaboration.
Insurance Information Institute
The Insurance Information Institute (III) is a source of unique, data-driven insights on insurance to inform and empower consumers.
The Institutes provide educational support, resources and leading research to help those in risk management and insurance better serve the public.
- Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriters — Cincinnati Chapter
Casualty Actuarial Society
The Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) is leading international organization for credentialing and professional education.
- American Property Casualty Insurance Association (APCIA)
- Captive Insurance Companies Association, Inc. (CICA)
- Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America, Inc. (IIABA)
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- Public Risk Management Association (PRIMA)
- Reinsurance Association of America (RAA)
- Self-Insurance Institute of America (SIIA)
- The National Alliance for Insurance Education & Research
- The Surety & Fidelity Association of America (SFAA)
- University Risk Management and Insurance Association (URMIA)
- Wholesale and Specialty Insurance Association (WSIA)
American Risk and Insurance Association
The American Risk and Insurance Association (ARIA) has a long tradition of supporting and educating professionals, scholars, and students in the insurance and risk management industry.
Risk Theory Society
The Risk Theory Society (RTS) was originally founded in August 1963 as the Risk Theory Seminar. RTS is a self-administered organization within the American Risk and Insurance Association whose purpose is to foster research into topics in risk theory and risk management.
European Group of Risk and Insurance Economists
The European Group of Risk and Insurance Economists (EGRIE) is a European-based nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting research on risk and insurance. This is mainly achieved through the organization of scientific conferences and meetings, the publication of research materials and the creation of a contact network amongst the concerned parties.
Academic Director, Carl H. Lindner III Center for Insurance and Risk Management, Virgil M. Schwarm Associate Professor of Finance and Investments
2331 Carl H. Lindner Hall
Director of Professional and Industry Engagement, Carl H. Lindner III Center for Insurance and Risk Management
2332 Carl H. Lindner Hall