Analytics Summit training session
May 14-15, 2018, Sharonville Convention Center
Gain the in-demand Tableau skills that enhance your data science career, or simply become better at data visualization in this two-day training session. Who better to learn from than Zen Master, Jeff Shaffer, recognized by Tableau for his advanced skills and contributions to the Tableau community, and one of the best and brightest instructors you could find anywhere. He practices what he teaches and leads a data science team by day.
This two-day workshop will cover beginning, intermediate, and advanced topics. Register now.
- Importing and connecting to various data sources
- Viewing data in Tableau
- Data blending
- Creating basic chart types
- Creating a dashboard and storypoints
- Using filters and the marks
- Green and blue pills and how Tableau uses them
- Formatting worksheets and dashboards
- How to share your work (public, server, and reader)
- Basic mapping
- Basic calculations
- Creating Interactive dashboards
- Using parameters
- Analysis tools in Tableau
- Intermediate chart types
- Creating other useful chart types not native to Tableau
- Custom shapes
- Custom color palettes
- Custom mapping and WMS servers
- Using paths and polygon shapes
- Intermediate calculations and level of detail
- Embedding URLs, video, music and sound
- Advanced chart types in Tableau
- Using Tableau integration with R
- Custom mapping
- Integrating Mapbox into Tableau
- Dissecting some great Tableau vizzes
Course Fee: $750, includes breakfasts, lunches, refreshments, and free parking for both days.
- "I actually came because I had heard great things about the instructor and learned far more than I was expecting."
- "I knew some Tableau but this course put everything together for me."
- "Great course and great instructor."
- "The instructor is clearly knowledgeable and can think on the fly to answer questions."
- "Fantastic course. Lots of knowledge given in two days in a very organized method."
About the instructor
Jeffrey A. Shaffer is a Tableau Zen Master and an expert in applying data visualization to create insights and competitive advantage. Mr. Shaffer is Adjunct Assistant Professor at the University of Cincinnati in the Carl H. Lindner College of Business where he teaches Data Visualization in the graduate course series for Data Analytics. He is a regular speaker at conferences, symposiums, universities and corporate training programs on the topic of data visualization, he writes for the data visualization blog at Data + Science and he was a finalist in the 2011 Tableau Interactive Visualization Competition. Mr. Shaffer also teaches data visualization at the KPMG Advisory University. Mr. Shaffer is Vice President of Information Technology and Analytics at Unifund. He joined Unifund in 1996 and has been instrumental in the creation and development of the complex systems, analytics and business intelligence platform at Unifund.