Fill a Job Opening
Post on Handshake
Created with employers in mind, Handshake provides participating organizations 24-hour access to one centralized location where you can:
- Post and manage an unlimited number of full-time, part-time and co-op positions
- Set parameters for job openings, such as major, GPA, graduation year, etc.
- Receive email notifications of applications and pending job posting expirations
- Conduct a student search for qualified applicants
- Schedule and manage on-campus and virtual interviews
- Register online for career fairs and other events
How to post a position
- If your company does not yet have an account, visit Handshake to register. In the blue "Welcome to Handshake" box, click "Sign up for an Account," then follow the prompts to add your organization. Within three to five business days you will have site access.
- Once registered, log in to Handshake to post your full-time, part-time, or co-op positions.
- To begin, click "Post a Job" from your home dashboard. You may also click "Jobs" on the left-hand navigation bar, then select "Create Job" in the uper right corner.
- Complete the required fields and select "Next" at the bottom of each page to navigate through the steps.
- Select "Create" at the bottom to review and post your job.
Recruit alumni through Bearcats Connect
Bearcats Connect is an online platform where UC alumni, students, faculty and staff can network, mentor and grow professionally. Free to everyone in the UC family, Bearcats Connect enables its users to connect with alumni in particular fields and industries, engage with current students in search of career insight and connections, and find new work opportunities and career paths with the assistance of fellow Bearcats.
If you're a University of Cincinnati alumni looking to hire a fellow alumni, you can also join the official University of Cincinnati Alumni Group on LinkedIn and start a discussion about your job opportunity. This group can only be accessed by UC alumni, current students, faculty, and staff.
Hosting on-campus interviews will help you efficiently recruit our students by accomodating busy academic schedules.
Submit your on-campus or virtual interview request in Handshake. Dates are available throughtout the Fall and Spring semester.
Types of on-campus interviews
Pre-select interview allows you to hire students from specific majors. You review resumes and determine which students best meet your requirements.
Reserve space for an on-campus interview. You build and manage the interview schedule.