New Lindner award created in honor of longtime UC supporter
The Carl H. Lindner College of Business established a new student leadership award in memory of the late William Keating Jr. The Heart of William J. Keating Jr. Leadership Award will go to an outstanding junior who demonstrates the spirit of Mr. Keating by making a genuine difference in the lives of others. The scholarship awards will honor a student who has already made an impact on society and who will continue to leave their mark after graduation.
Couple endow scholarship for Lindner College of Business
The University of Cincinnati and the Carl H. Lindner College of Business are proud to announce the establishment of a $500,000 endowed scholarship. The Beer Family Endowed Scholarship Fund, established by Lori and William Beer, will benefit students, particularly females, enrolled in the STEM programs of information systems and analytics at Lindner.
Johnson Investment Counsel founder makes $5 million donation
A $5 million gift from Timothy (Tim) Johnson, PhD, founder of Cincinnati-based Johnson Investment Counsel, will establish a named institute and interactive investment lab within the new building for the University of Cincinnati Carl H. Lindner College of Business. The leadership gift will help equip the new 225,000-square-foot facility that is expected to be completed by fall 2019.
Alumni on the move
- Michael Veeneman, BBA '88, is now Vice President at American Savings Bank.
- Scott Dannenfelser, MBA '05, is now the Commercial Design Lead at Formica.
- Matthew Zimmermann, BBA '09, joins Hamilton Capital Management as an Associate Financial Advisor.
- Christopher Soergel, BBA '09, was commissioned as a National Bank Examiner by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.
- Cris Davis, MBA '08, is now Account Manager at Eric Mower & Associates.
- Elizabeth Stoner, BBA '14, is now Program Manager at Rockfish.
- Travis Nipper, MBA '05, is now Marketing Manager at Zontec Inc.
- Ward Anderson, MA '04, joined dunnhumbyUSA as associate director, communications and media, Anderson earned a Master of Arts in applied economics from the University of Cincinnati.
- Maria Arand, BBA '12 , is now Merchandising Client Lead at DunnhumbyUSA.
- Steve Bailey, BBA '98, has been promoted to Director at Barnes Denning, where he'll oversee client engagements with emphasis on providing insight beyond the numbers.
- John Berding, BBA '85, is one of the newest members of the UC Foundation's board of trustees. Berding is president of American Money Management Corp., the investment arm of American Financial Group. He's a 1985 UC alumnus and began his career with American Financial Group through a UC co-op in 1982.
- Curtis Cassner, Esq., BBA '87, was named to the United Way of Collier County Board of Directors.
- Thomas Freeman, MBA '87, joined the University of Cincinnati Advancement team as Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
- Michael Homm, MBA '06, is now Senior Appraiser at CBRE
- Drew Harmon, BBA '14, received the Student Philanthropy Award from Cincinnati Chapter of Sigma Chi.
- Mark Morehouse, BBA '80, retired after 26 years with the federal government, serving a last assignment as a GS-12 fuel accoutant with the Military Sealift Command at the Norfolk Naval Base.
- Meg Mueller, BBA '08, is now Business Development Manager at Schaefer.
- Tom Tam, BBA '79, joined Sentinel Field Services as the company's new chief financial and risk officer.
- Scott Schrine, MBA '14, is now a Design Engineer at ITE LLC.
- Dan Parsons BBA '08 recently launched DRYV, a Chicago based on-demand pick up and delivery dry cleaning and laundry business that was featured in The Chicago Tribune.
- Parastu Kasaie Sharifi, PhD '14, received the INFORMS Committee for Underrepresented Minorities and Women (CUMW) award. Sharifi is now a postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Epidemiology Bloomberg School of Public Health, The Johns Hopkins University.
- Jim Serger, AA '91, published the book 2000 Miles on Wisdom, a true story about a superb customer service experience that generated a customer for life.
- Brandt Tiffany, MIN '09, is now General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel, Cincinnati/Blue Ash.
- Sanjay Varshney, MA '90, stepped down as dean of the College of Business Administration at California State University Sacramento to joing Wells Fargo as a wealth advisor.
- Doug Whitney, BBA '10, is now Account Supervisor at Pep.
- Liz Yauch, BBA '11, joined dunnhumbyUSA as associate, Custom Insights, and will be responsible for managing and delivering actionable insights that drive sales and customer loyalty by analyzing behavioral and attitudinal data.
- Brandon Zureick, BBA '08, is now Fixed Income Portfolio Manager at Johnson Institutional Management.