General information regarding location, time and other relevant details can be found on the University Commencement site.
To apply for degree for graduation, students must:
- Make an appointment with their Lindner advisor in the Undergraduate Programs Office to contract for graduation the semester before you anticipate graduating. Appointments can be scheduled by using Starfish.
- Apply for your degree online through Catalyst. Log in an navigate to the "My Academics" tab. Select "Apply for Graduation" on the left hand menu and complete the form. There is a $50 application fee. Please refer to the University Deadlines for the graduation application.
- Make a reservation to walk in the Commencement Ceremony when you complete the online application for your degree.
- Each graduating student who RSVP's will be able to invite a specific number of guests as outlined by the Commencement Office. Although seating is ticketed, it is general admission - first come, first seated.
- Order commencement regalia at the UC Bookstore, either in the TUC location or online at the UC Bookstore Web site. Business graduates wear "drab brown" tassels.
Undergraduate students who have achieved a University cumulative average in one of the three categories below will receive "Latin Honors":
- 3.90 - 4.0000 Summa Cum Laude
- 3.75 - 3.8999 Magna Cum Laude
- 3.60 - 3.7490 Cum Laude
Students who anticipate receiving Latin Honors are entitled to purchase gold honor cords at the UC Bookstore along with their other regalia.
International students who would like to have international friends and family attend the commencement ceremonies must apply for a visitor visa. This application process can be completed through iStart. Graduation invitation letters are available from UC International. For more information, please contact UC International at 513-556-4278.