Thank you for choosing the University of Cincinnati Carl H. Lindner College of Business for your graduate education.
Now that you've been accepted, you probably have questions about what's next. The Lindner College of Business provides orientation information to help make your transition into your program easier and more productive. Orientation will help you understand the processes, procedures and requirements of our programs.
Please note: international students are also required to attend an International Student Orientation sponsored by our ISSO offices. For more information about this orientation please contact the ISSO offices at 513-556-4278 or visit their website.
All incoming campus-based fall semester students in both full- and part-time programs are required to attend an onsite orientation.
Online Master of Science in Taxation students
Students in the online Master of Science in Taxation program at the Lindner College of Business can access online orientation materials and other class-preparation resources.
New student checklist
Use the below checklist to ensure you are prepared for your first day of class and beyond.
1. Set up your UC accounts
- Get your username and set up your password.
- Make sure your UC email account is working properly.
- Get your UC ID number (your M number).
2. Prepare for campus life
- Arrange for housing, if necessary.
- Arrange for a parking pass, if necessary.
- Waive your health insurance, if applicable.
- Learn about laptop and software requirements.
3. Get ready for class
- Register for classes
- Obtain your UC student photo ID
- Become familiar with Blackboard
- Purchase your textbooks
- Pay your bill
Graduate Student Policies and Information
Here are some resources to help you get started: