Transition students join the Lindner College of Business from other colleges at the University of Cincinnati.
To explore a business degree, major or minor, non-business students should attend a prospective student information session. This semester, the Lindner College of Business is hosting virtual information sessions.
Virtual sessions are held on the following dates for the Fall 2018 semester. Please select the date you are interested in attending to complete registration. Each session will be an hour in duration with a live chat. In order to provide individualized attention, each session is limited to eight students. Once a session has filled, the survey will show as closed.
Additional dates will be added throughout the semester. Questions? Please email Victoria.Regan@uc.edu.
Applying to the Lindner College of Business
Students may file the "Applications for Change in College" form, available through the Registrar's office. The Lindner College of Business accepts transition students to begin in the fall, spring or summer semester. This form must be submitted to the Undergraduate Programs Office, Carl H. Lindner Hall, Room 105, following these application deadlines:
- Fall Semester: July 1
- Spring Semester: November 1
- Summer Semester: March 1
Transition requirements :
- For the bachelor of arts in economics (BA), the bachelor of business administration (BBA), and bachelor of science in industrial management (BSIM) majors, a cumulative collegiate grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale over all course work attempted is required. Please note that the cumulative collegiate GPA for transitioning students is calculated using all course work attempted at each college and university attended.
- Candidates for admission must have at least a 2.0 University of Cincinnati GPA, in addition to a 2.5 overall GPA. Conditional offers of admission will be made using transcripts with courses in progress. A final transcript is required before the student is allowed to enroll.
- Applicants to the BA or one of the BBA majors must demonstrate appropriate progress toward completion of required mathematics courses. All Lindner College of Business students must complete Math 1044: Applied Calculus I and Math 1045: Applied Calculus II, a six-hour math sequence, or its equivalent, Math 1046: Business Calculus, five hours, or Math 1061: Calculus I and Math 1062: Calculus II, each four hours; or the equivalent from another institution. To be admitted to the college, students must have earned a grade of C- or better in Math 1044 or Math 1061, or successfully completed Math 1046 with a passing grade prior to submitting an application for change in college.
- Applicants to the BSIM major must demonstrate appropriate progress toward completion of the required mathematics courses, Math 1061: Calculus I and Math 1062: Calculus II, each four hours, or the equivalent from another institution. To be admitted to the college, students must have earned a grade of C- or better in Math 1061, prior to submitting an application for change in college.
- Students with fewer than the equivalent of 30 semester hours of earned college-level course work must also supply high school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores. These students will be considered for admission as transitioning students based on the relevant first-year admission criteria (including ACT or SAT scores, high school GPA and rank in class) and the applicable transfer admission requirements.
- Attendance at a Lindner College of Business Orientation session is required to complete the admissions process. Failure to attend a Lindner Orientation session will result in the offer of admission being rescinded.