David is President of David Kiihnl & Associates which specializes in developing sustainable business strategies, implementing successful succession plans, and providing advice to Presidents and Owners of mid-size and small companies. Adding to his 12 years of corporate leadership experience, David gained firsthand entrepreneurial knowledge as President/Owner of Loth Inc. - a rapid growth company providing Steelcase office furniture and related services to companies in the Cincinnati and surrounding markets. During this time David also served two consecutive terms as a Board Member of the Greater Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce and voted by his peers nationally as Chairman of the first Steelcase Dealer Council. For over 10 years David has volunteered at the The Goering Center's Next Generation Institute at the University of Cincinnati. As the leader of the 20-plus volunteer facilitators, he recruits, trains and coaches these volunteers for the important role of assisting family businesses in generational transition. David currently serves on four boards of privately held and family businesses.
Areas of Expertise:
- Marketing/Sales (35+ years of experience)
- Began his professional career in Sales with a Division of Bristol Myers-Squibb for 12 years. Utilized these skills in all future positions.
- Distribution/Logistics (16 years of experience)
- Owner/ President of Loth, Inc. - the largest Steelcase Office Furniture Dealership in Cincinnati region.
- Business Strategy/Planning (35+ years of experience)
- Received professional training in Strategic Planning as the Owner of Loth, Inc. Utilized this skill to significantly grow the business. Has facilitated this process for over 30 companies and non-profits.
- Consulting (18 years of experience)
- Currently President/Owner of David Kiihnl & Associates. Utilizing his experience as Owner of Loth, Inc. - he serves as Advisor to owners of small/mid-size companies focusing on Strategy, Business/financial growth, and key issues facing the owners.
- Distribution/Wholesale (16 years of experience)
- Owner/President - Loth, Inc. - a distributor of office furniture representing Steelcase. Significantly grew this company to from $7 million to $45 million. Received national recognition for several accomplishments.
- Consumer Products (12 years of experience)
- Progressed rapidly in Sales, Sales Training, and Sales Leadership - (Memphis, Little Rock, Dallas, Los Angeles, to Cincinnati. Over this timeframe acquired geographic responsibility for all markets in US.