Text Mining with "R": If you work in analytics or data science you are familiar with the fact that data is being generated all the time at ever-faster rates. Analysts are often trained to handle tabular or rectangular data that are mostly numeric, but much of the data proliferating today is unstructured and text-heavy. Many of us who work in analytical fields are not trained in even the simplest approaches to analyzing unstructured text data. This short course serves as an introduction to text mining with the R programming language.
Upon successfully completing this course, students will be able to use R to:
- Assess regular expressions within unstructured text
- Tidy unstructured text data
- Perform word frequency analysis
- Quantify the sentiment in text
- Assess the frequency and importance of terms across documents
- Understand the relationship between words
- Perform topic modeling analysis
Course Fee: $750 includes breakfasts, lunches, refreshments and free parking for both days.
U-Square. Room 359
225 Calhoun Street
Cincinnati. OH 45219 (google map link)