What makes Lindner Business Honors unique? We combine innovative and rigorous academic communities with hands-on, real-world learning opportunities such as the ability to intern, co-op, network and study abroad. All three programs are highly selective and may offer merit-based scholarships. We offer all business honors students:
- Priority class registration
- Access to honors sections of courses
- Specialized Lindner Career Services support and events
- Dedicated academic advisor
- Distinction valued by employers
- Honors housing for freshmen
- Honors tassel and transcripted honors designation upon graduation
Carl H. Lindner Honors-PLUS (LHP) features a cohort model that forges life-long friendships while its unique combination of academic preparation, leadership training and real-world work experiences drive accelerated career entry and progression.
Marvin P. Kolodzik Business Scholars (KBS) provides its students with multidisciplinary academics and focused global experiences in conjunction with real-world professional experiences to prepare them for successful careers.
Circle of Excellence (CoE) develops leaders who are positioned to make a positive impact on the world, both in business and beyond, via a specialized curriculum and practical professional experiences in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors.
Current Lindner Business Honors freshmen have an average ACT composite of 31, SAT total of 1320, and a 3.9 GPA (unweighted) with strong leadership and extra-curricular involvement.
Applying For Business Honors Programs
To be considered for each Business Honors program, University Honors and Cincinnatus Merit Based Scholarship, your completed UC application must be received by December 1. Only students with business as their first choice will be considered for business honors. There is not a separate honors application for freshmen.
To apply for freshman admission, please visit admissions.uc.edu/apply.
There aren't specific criteria for automatic admission or denial into Business Honors (LHP, KBS, COE) programs because applicants are screened on academics and admitted based on their complete profile. Applicants meeting the Cincinnatus criteria for Lindner Business will be competitive in the business honors admission process. Each business honors applicant is required to be a Cincinnatus Scholar.
To be considered for the Cincinnatus scholarship, freshman applicants must have submitted a complete University of Cincinnati freshman admission application no later than December 1. Criteria for the Cincinnatus scholarship program varies each year. The current freshmen business Cincinnatus scholars all have a GPA > 3.2 AND have an ACT composite > 26 (SAT total > 1170 w/o the writing component) OR are in the top 5% official rank of their high school class."
Honors Interviews: Frequently Asked Questions
What are Lindner Business Honors interviews?
Exceptional high school seniors are invited to UC’s campus to learn more about our honors opportunities and to be considered for the Lindner Business Honors programs–Carl H. Lindner Honors-PLUS, Marvin P. Kolodzik Business Scholars, and the Circle of Excellence.
Is there a separate application to be considered for selection?
There is no separate honors application. The UC Freshman Application (Common App) is the only application needed.
How am I placed into an honors program?
Your email invitation indicates the program(s) for which you will interview. The admission committee will determine which program is the best fit based on your qualifications and interests.
Where are interviews held?
Lindner Business Honors interviews take place in the Lindner College of Business at the University of Cincinnati, Carl H. Lindner Hall, 2925 Campus Green Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45220. Please check in at Lindner Hall 103 before your interview. Parking is available in the Campus Green Garage.
How should I dress for an interview?
The dress code for interviews is business casual, which includes slacks or khakis, a dress shirt or blouse, an open-collar or polo shirt, and dress shoes (including flats). A short outdoor tour is included in the interview process, so dress accordingly.
Why do I need to interview?
We want to get to know you, and we understand that you have an important decision to make! A face-to-face conversation gives us a chance to learn more about each other. At Lindner you’re more than your GPA and test scores.
Who is involved in the interview process?
During your visit to campus you'll be meeting with faculty and staff as well as current students and alumni.
What are some tips for a successful interview?
- Be yourself! Tell us about your strengths, interests and passions. Get a feel for the people you meet and ask yourself if you are comfortable and excited about being on campus.
- Be prepared. Ask lots of questions about what being an honors student at Lindner is all about. Classes? Work experience? Study abroad? Campus life? These are all great areas to explore. This will help you determine if UC and the Lindner College of Business are right for you!
- Be in the know. Check out page 47 of the Lindner Career Services Career Guide for interview and professionalism tips. Our Dress to Impress Guide also provides helpful information regarding business casual attire.
What are the next steps?
- Offers will be extended for each program. There are no wait lists or options to move into another program if offers are declined.
- Acceptance letters will be sent via email and US Mail no later than mid-March, after January and February interviews are concluded.
Transfer / Transition Students
Each business honors program (Lindner Honors-PLUS, Kolodzik Business Scholars & Circle of Excellence) may accept a limited number of transfers each year, with accepted transfers applying in spring/summer for fall admission. Current transfer classes have an average University (all college work) GPA of 3.8 with a strong passion for business, extensive involvement in extracurricular activities/organizations and leadership. Interested students must complete the online Lindner Business Honors Transfer Application and submit two completed recommendation surveys. This one application qualifies applicants for consideration across all three business honors programs.
- Fall Transfer Admission: application completed no later than May 1