What is LCB-Bridge?
- A seven-week, hybrid online program that previews business topics while helping you build your math competency and potentially earn college credit for Freshman English.
- You can earn full admission into the Lindner College of Business as early as spring semester 2019 upon completion of the program.
- A limited number of need-based scholarships are available to subsidize the $1,000 cost of the LCB-Bridge program.
How do I secure my spot in LCB-Bridge?
- Confirm your UC Admission to Exploratory Studies fall 2018 by May 1.
- Indicate your interest in the LCB-Bridge program by providing the requested information on LCB-Bridge Application. You can also apply for full or partial financial assistance toward the $1,000 bridge program fee; we don't want you to miss this program due to financial reasons.
What will the LCB-Bridge look like?
The program will begin with a full day on June 12, followed by Bearcats Bound Orientation on June 13-14.
|June 12, 2018|
|9:00 a.m.||Welcome to LCB-Bridge!|
|10:00 a.m.||Business Special Topics: Marketing|
|1:00 p.m.||Math Special Topics|
|3:00 p.m.||English Seminar|
|4:00 p.m.||Day concludes|
|June 13-14, 2018|
|Bearcats Bound Orientation|
|The next six weeks, June 18-July 27, contain:|
|Tuesdays, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.||Business/English workshops|
|Thursdays, 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.||Math workshop|
What if I don't live in Cincinnati?
Students who do not live in the Cincinnati area are welcome to participate in these sessions synchronously online.
More information about LCB-Bridge
LCB-Bridge is a seven-week, hybrid online program that previews business topics while helping you to build your math competency and potentially earn college credit for Freshman English (ENGL1001). An on-campus kick-off will be held on June 12, 2018, followed by your Bearcats Bound Orientation on June 13-14. During the summer you will hear speakers introducing various current business topics, write about those topics, and enhance your math skills through a targeted online program.
For fall semester, you will be registered in a first-year learning community of Exploratory Studies students who are also in the LCB-Bridge program. Designated programming will be offered to support you academically and accelerate you toward full admission to the Lindner College of Business.
You can earn full admission into the Lindner College of Business as early as spring semester 2019 by participating in the LCB-Bridge program, advancing in your math sequence, and earning a 2.5/4.0 cumulative college GPA. Unlike traditional Exploratory Studies students, who are not eligible for admission until they have completed a full year at UC, students in LCB-Bridge are eligible to transition to the Lindner College of Business after their first semester.
A limited number of need-based scholarships are available to subsidize the $1,000 cost of the LCB-Bridge program. Those who successfully complete the program will earn three credits of Freshman English (or general education credits – valued at $1,377 or $459 per credit hour plus books). The program will provide all instruction, books, business lecturers, and speakers.
If you have further questions, please contact the Lindner College of Business at 513-556-6392 or email@example.com. On behalf of the faculty and staff of the University of Cincinnati Lindner College of Business, we look forward to welcoming you as a member of the University community and the LCB-Bridge Program.