Each year, we welcome transfer students from many different, accredited colleges and universities. For admissions advising, transfer students may contact the Transfer Center, 4th Floor, University Pavilion, or at (513) 556-2247. Transfer students apply online at admissions.uc.edu. The Lindner College of Business admits transfer students to begin in the fall, spring or summer semester.
Students who plan to attend a two-year college prior to transferring to the College for the bachelor degree should complete a Pre-Business Associate of Arts degree program rather than a technical terminal program. The Lindner College of Business has transfer articulation agreements with UC Clermont and UC Blue Ash, along with other community and technical colleges. Students planning to transfer from these colleges should maintain regular contact with the pre-business advisor on their campus to make sure they are taking the right classes to transfer to the Lindner College of Business.
Requirements for transfer to the Lindner College of Business:
- For the bachelor of arts in economics (BA), the bachelor of business administration (BBA) and the bachelor of science in industrial management (BSIM) majors, a cumulative collegiate Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale is required. Please note that the cumulative collegiate GPA for transfers is calculated using all course work attempted at each college and university attended.
- Candidates for admission must be in good standing in current college or university (i.e., student cannot be on probation, suspension, or dismissal). Conditional offers of admission will be made using transcripts with courses in progress. A final transcript is required before the student is allowed to enroll.
- Applicants to the BA or one of the BBA majors must demonstrate appropriate progress toward completion of the required mathematics courses. All Lindner College of Business students in these two degree programs must complete Math 1044 (Applied Calc I) and Math 1045 (Applied Calc II) (a 6 hour math sequence) or its equivalent, Math 1046 (Business Calculus – 5hrs) OR Math 1061 (Calculus I - 4 hrs) and Math 1062 (Calculus II - 4 hrs) or the equivalent from another institution. To be admitted to the college, students must have earned a grade of C- or better in Math 1044 or Math 1061, or successfully completed Math 1046 with a passing grade prior to submitting an application for change in college.
- Applicants to the BSIM must demonstrate appropriate progress toward completion of the required mathematics courses, Math 1061 (Calculus I - 4 hrs) and Math 1062 (Calculus II - 4 hrs) or the equivalent from another institution. To be admitted to the college, students must have earned a grade of C- or better in Math 1061, prior to submitting an application for change in college.
- Students with fewer than the equivalent of 30 semester hours of earned college-level course work must also supply high school transcripts and ACT/SAT scores. These students will be considered for admission as transfer students based on the relevant first-year admission criteria (including ACT or SAT scores, high school GPA and rank in class) and the applicable transfer admission requirements.
- Attendance at a Lindner College of Business Orientation session is required to complete the admissions process. Failure to attend a Lindner Orientation session will result in the offer of admission being rescinded.