Starting autumn semester 2012, all Lindner College of Business undergraduate, graduate, and PhD students are required to have a laptop computer that can connect to the Internet using a high-speed connection. Transfer students and international students are subject to this requirement as well.
Many factors were analyzed when deciding to implement the laptop-required model. After extensive review, the college found many points that provided us with justification for the implementation of this program. Below are some of the key points that we would like to highlight.
- Students and study groups will have the ability to work from nearly anyplace or at anytime with dedicated access to specialized software and tools; hence, alleviating the demand for capacity and time constrained lab computers.
- Professors and students will have the ability to integrate real world simulations or live input in the classroom; thus, providing for a more interactive learning experience.
- Accommodates the scheduling and work requirements of our students who are full-time working professionals.
- Access to the College printing resources will be facilitated via direct access from your personal laptop.
- Students can participate in online-based classes and take advantage of more flexibly scheduled courses.
- There will be more classroom space for Lindner College of Business classes.