We are very proud of the international component of the UC MBA program. Since the inception of our full-time MBA program, students from nearly every continent of the world have experienced the UC MBA. We currently have students from numerous countries around the world including France, Germany, Austria, Canada, Brazil, Russia, Chile, Ghana, Thailand, Romania, South Africa, Belize, India, and China.
International students have additional application requirements. They must also demonstrate English language proficiency. Most commonly, students will do this by taking one of the following tests:
- TOEFL exam (minimums: 250 computer-based test, 600 for the paper-based test or 100 for Internet based test)
- IELTS exam (7.0 minimum score), and obtaining a student visa.
If you receive a score marginally below the stated minimums, you may, in some cases, still be considered for admission if you can demonstrate language proficiency through other means, such as through an interview. Please contact the individual Program Director to see if this is an option.
Those who are not able to meet our minimum English proficiency requirements may be able to get conditional admission by taking advantage of the University of Cincinnati’s partnership with ELS Educational Services, Inc. ELS Educational Services, Inc provides intensive English training in multiple locations throughout the United States, including Cincinnati, OH.
To gain conditional admission, you must apply to ELS and the University of Cincinnati by using the University Admission System (UAS). For additional information, visit (UAS).
The following rules apply:
ELS will assist you in the application process via the UAS option. The application process includes:
- Online application
- Transcripts for all prior coursework that has been completed
- GMAT Test Scores
- Two letters of recommendation
- Two completed essay questions
The initial GMAT score will be used to evaluate eligibility for conditional admission. Applicant may be required to submit a new score in order to gain unconditional admission.
- You must have a baccalaureate degree to be considered.
- Conditional admission for eligible programs is granted for the Fall semester. MS- Accounting will accept spring semester applications as well.
- The conditional admission offer cannot be transferred to another program within the College of Business.
- Applicants must apply using the University Admission System provided by ELS
- Applicants must have a 3.0 undergraduate GPA or equivalent.
- The application deadline for a fall semester (August) start is December 1 of the previous year. For a spring semester (January) start, the deadline is May 1 of the previous year.
- Applicants who earn required English proficiency test scores, or complete ELS level 112, will be considered for unconditional admission.
- Applicants may be required to complete prerequisite courses before being admitted to certain programs.
- Deferral is permitted to the following autumn term. You must confirm your offer in order to defer.
The following links will help you with the application process and offer additional resources.
- ELS -- Study English in the United States. UC's ELS center opened on September 15, 2008.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (Select UC MBA code 1833 to ensure we receive your scores.)
- International Student Services Office -- contact for important specific information for international applicants.