PhD Program Application Procedure
The following documents must be received in the PhD Program Office in order to review your application for admission to the PhD program:
- Online application: Start my application here. The application fee is $65 for domestic students and $70 for international students, submitted on line.
- Statement of Purpose: why you wish to pursue a PhD degree, including area(s) of research and teaching interest.
- Three letters of recommendation from faculty members, or professional colleagues. Writers may use their own style.
- Official GMAT scores sent directly from GMAC or official GRE score sent directly from ETS (University code 1833)
- Official TOEFL scores sent directly from ETS (University code 1833, international students).
- Transcripts of all previous graduate and undergraduate institutions. (*transcripts can be scanned copies of originals uploaded to the online application. If admitted, official transcripts in sealed envelopes will need submitted to our office prior to starting coursework)
- Resume/vita outlining educational and work experience.
*Applicants With Degrees Received in China
Beginning with applications for Fall 2016, admitted students who have received a degree in China must have their degrees verified by the China Academic Degrees and Graduate Education Development Center (CDGDC). All verification reports must be sent to the UC Graduate School directly by the CDGDC (see addresses above) to be considered official, and no other verification will be accepted. For admission review purposes, students can upload unofficial transcripts and translations into the online application. Providing a copy of the CDGCD report as your unofficial transcript is preferred. If accepted to join our graduate program, you must submit an official verification report in English from the CDGDC of the English versions of your final transcripts and degree certificates. This should be submitted after your degree conferral. Please contact email@example.com if you have questions.
These materials should be submitted on line with the application or sent to the Graduate Programs Office listed below. When all of these materials have been received, the application will be reviewed for an admissions decision. Applicants will receive written notification of the admissions decision.
PhD Program Office
University of Cincinnati Lindner College of Business
Carl H. Lindner Hall, Suite 606
PO Box 210020
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0020