Why Lindner for Finance?
The University of Cincinnati Master of Science in Finance program was recently ranked the No. 7 best, most affordable program in the United States. Our MS Finance program provides you with comprehensive training in both the theory and application of financial concepts so you can build their core competencies, hone the relevant skills necessary to succeed in the workforce and prepare for professional certifications such as Chartered Financial Analyst® (CFA), Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP) and Financial Risk Manager (FRM).
Recent University of Cincinnati MS Finance graduates have been hired by many of the world’s most respected companies, including Alibaba, Citibank, Ernst & Young, Johnson & Johnson and KPMG and work in a variety of fields ranging from investment banking and risk management to corporate finance and wealth management to portfolio management and real estate development.
The UC Master of Science in Finance is Ranked the #7 best, most affordable finance program in the nation.
- STEM Discipline Recognition for International Students
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP® certification) track now available.
- Program can be completed in as few as two semesters of full-time study or five (5) semesters as a part-time student
- Specialize your degree in one of four focus areas: Corporate Finance, Investments, Risk Management and Real Estate
- Lindner Master of Science in Finance ranked No. 7 in the nation (No. 4 among public institutions) among the best, most affordable programs in the nation by Master of Finance Degrees
- Merit-based scholarships are available
- Study Abroad opportunities are available
- Opportunities for paid internships
- Curriculum helps prepare students for the Level 1 CFA exam
What You'll Learn
- The Core: Four core courses form the backbone of the degree, providing general analytical methods and technical tools that can be applied to a variety of sub-specialties in finance. Core coursework includes Financial Information and Valuation, Financial Accounting, Options and Futures and Fixed Income.
- Focus Area: An innovative feature of the MS-Finance program at the Lindner College of Business is the ability to select an area of specialization. These focus areas allow you to tailor the program to your individual needs and interests. Each focus area consists of three courses (four courses in Real Estate) that give you depth in your chosen specialization. The program currently offers focus areas in Corporate Finance, Investments, Risk Management and Real Estate.
- Electives: Students can further customize their programs via the selection of two or three electives. Students can choose from a wide array of graduate-level courses in finance or in other areas across the college or university.
- The Capstone: Within each focus area, one course provides an integrative learning experience in an applied setting that reinforces and ties together the skills learned throughout the program. Examples of capstone courses include: Portfolio Management, Advanced Capital Budgeting and Real Estate Development.
Length of Program
The University of Cincinnati Master of Science in Finance program may be completed as either a full-time student or as a part-time student and can be completed in as few as nine months. All students are considered for merit-based scholarships and have the opportunity to participate in paid internships and study abroad programs. This program is STEM designated and international students qualify for the STEM OPT extension.