MS Information Systems
Why Lindner for Information Systems?
The University of Cincinnati Master of Science in Information Systems program combines core business knowledge with Information Systems-focused technical courses and real-world experience. Our MS in Information Systems program is renowned for its strengths in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Business Intelligence, Database Design and Modeling and Project Management.
University of Cincinnati MS IS students benefit from our program’s ongoing partnerships with a myriad of leading companies. As part of our continual focus on the real-world application of classroom learnings, corporate partners visit the University of Cincinnati campus each week to present seminars to, recruit and/or interview our Information Systems students. As a result, in most years, 100% of our MS IS students are employed upon graduation with many of them working at the world’s most respected companies such as Google, Microsoft, Accenture, Yahoo!, and Procter & Gamble.
- A flexible innovative curriculum accommodates students with diverse educational backgrounds and work experiences. The program is known for its strengths in the areas of ERP, Business Intelligence, Database Design and Modeling, and Project Management.
- The full-time academic program can be completed in two semesters with remaining courses completed during the six month paid internship period. Flexible class options accommodate working and part-time students.
- On Campus Employer Seminars and Recruiting: Almost every week, throughout the school year, major employers seeking analytics and technical talent, will present a seminar, recruit, or interview MS Information Systems students.
- The MS-IS faculty conduct leading edge research and have extensive experience in both industry and academia. The faculty leverage their expertise to offer practical, leading edge courses that are designed to put students two steps ahead of the competition.
- MSIS students may decide to pursue specialized certificates including Data Analytics Graduate Certificate, ERP Graduate Certificate or an Operations Excellence Graduate Certificate. Students can also choose to pursue an MBA in addition to an MSIS degree.
- To ensure students have access to the latest technology and the best job opportunities, the program has close ties with the local business community and technology partnerships with major Information Systems vendors and solution-providers.
What You'll Learn
Program Core Courses: The MS Information Systems core curriculum focuses on business and information technology skills and includes courses in project management, ERP, systems analysis, business intelligence, database management, and web development.
Internship: The MSIS program is a pioneer among graduate Information Systems programs and requires every full time student to do a minimum six month paid internship (depends on employer) before graduation.
Length of Program
The University of Cincinnati Master of Science in Information Systems program may be completed as either a full-time student or as a part-time student. The full-time program can be completed in as few as 15 months and includes a required six month internship. This program is STEM designated.
To learn more, please contact Tiffany Cooper, Associate Director of Recruitment, Graduate Programs, 513-556-7188.
Associate Director of Graduate Recruitment
Janaki Vijay Warner
Director, Graduate Student Services