MS Business Analytics
The Master of Science in Business Analytics program at the University of Cincinnati’s Lindner College of Business achieved an exceptional ranking in this year’s Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Masters in Business Analytics Global Rankings. Among more than 300 schools from over 40 countries, Lindner ranked number 18 globally and number 7 nationally among U.S. public universities.
One of InformationWeek's TOP 20 DATA ANALYTICS PROGRAMS IN NORTH AMERICA
One of predictiveanalyticstoday.com's TOP 27 MS DATA SCIENCE SCHOOLS 2017
Why Lindner for Business Analytics?
The University of Cincinnati Master of Science in Business Analytics program provides you with expertise in descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics. That’s one of the many reasons why the University of Cincinnati MS in Business Analytics has been ranked among the Top 10 business analytics programs in the United States and why many of our graduates are working as business analysts and data scientists at world-leading companies such as Google, Disney, Procter & Gamble and Facebook.
You will work on real-world projects as they learn the skills necessary to succeed in data visualization, statistical modeling, data mining, optimization, and simulation in order to proficiently analyze large datasets and generate actionable insights.
As part of our continual focus on the real-world application of classroom learnings, corporate partners visit the University of Cincinnati campus each week to present seminars to, recruit and/or interview our Master of Science in Business Analytics students.
"The business knowledge and quantitative skills I obtained from my education in the MS - Business Analytics program have not only helped me solve real problems in industry, but also differentiated me from other candidates in the job market.”
- The MS Business Analytics program begins in August and full-time students can complete the program in as little as nine months (two semesters), though 12 months is more common. Part-time students are welcome and accommodated by late-afternoon, evening, and Saturday class times.
- On Campus Employer Seminars and Recruiting: Almost every week, throughout the school year, major employers seeking analytics and technical talent, will present a seminar, recruit, or interview MS Business Analytics students. A few of the presenting companies include Tata Consultancy Services, Great American Insurance, GE Digital, Teradata, PWC, DMI, 84.51, and Fifth Third Bank.
- Students with the right background can also earn a Data Science Graduate Certificate.
- Students benefit from the corporate/academic partnership with The Center for Business Analytics which provides real world data analytics experience and career opportunities for students, and promotes industry leadership and research to advance the field of business analytics.
- The program features an outstanding nationally ranked and world class faculty who conduct advanced analytics research. Textbooks authored by UC business analytics faculty are used at more than 400 different institutions including U of Arizona, NC State, Johns Hopkins, Purdue U, Indiana U, New York University, Ohio State, U of Michigan, Notre Dame, U of Texas, Georgia Tech, Vanderbilt, UCLA, USC, and Wash U in St Louis.
- Financial aid is available in the form of scholarships and assistantships, and is awarded on a competitive basis.
- The MS - Business Analytics program is recognized as a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) program.
What You'll Learn
Program core courses are in optimization, simulation modeling, probability modeling, data management and statistical methods. Elective courses include data mining, data visualization, operations management, and case studies. Capstone experience requires students to demonstrate their skills through a research project, an extended case analysis, or an internship.
Length of Program
The University of Cincinnati Master of Science in Business Analytics program may be completed as either a full-time student or as a part-time student and can be completed in as few as nine months.
Kevin Mussman, MS
Assistant Director of Graduate Recruitment