Ranked Among the Best
One of the many reasons our academic departments are ranked among the nation’s finest is because our faculty is comprised of both leading business practitioners and world-class researchers.
Lindner faculty are leading researchers in their fields, contributing to the advancement of knowledge in their disciplines through a variety of educational and publication vehicles. They are often quoted in the media as experts in their fields, they present research at conferences around the world, author leading textbooks and publish in premier research journals to further extend the college's reputation as a leading research institution.
Eight Lindner programs were ranked among the Top 15 specialties at the nation’s public universities by Bloomberg Businessweek, 2012.
- Accounting: Any seasoned business executive can tell you that a skilled accountant is key to the success of any venture. Because of this, accounting today is a huge field with many job opportunities. And, the demand for candidates with degrees in accounting is only projected to increase further.
- Economics: It is an exciting time to study and practice economics at UC. Both our macro and micro economics programs were recently ranked among the country’s Top 10 public university programs.
- Finance, Real Estate and Insurance and Risk Management: The Finance Department contributes to the creation and dissemination of leading-edge knowledge, analysis and practice in Finance, Real Estate, and Insurance and Risk Management through high-impact original research and rigorous and relevant instruction.
- Management: The Department of Management strives to expand managerial knowledge and capabilities vital for today's complex and dynamic world, by integrating high-impact research and experience-based education.
- Marketing: What is it like to be a part of a program that was recently ranked one of the nation’s Top 5 undergraduate public programs? It's learning about new product development, advertising strategy, competitive intelligence, global brand value, focus groups and more from the best.
- Operations, Business Analytics and Information Systems: The OBAIS department offers world-class education in the study of efficient and productive processes, data analytics and management, and enterprise information systems.