The University of Cincinnati SBI program operates a program that provides low-cost consulting to area businesses.
The focus of the Lindner College of Business field case study program is twofold:
- To provide customized, confidential management consulting to Greater Cincinnati businesses participating in the experience.
- To create a meaningful learning experience for UC students interested in entrepreneurship, small business, and corporate ventures.
Under the guidance of Institute faculty, teams of graduate-level or senior undergraduate-level Lindner College of Business students meet with business owners/managers over the full semester academic term. During this consulting phase, students record a history of the firm, identify goals and objectives, and discuss strategies to achieve these goals. At the end of the term, the student team presents to the owner/manager a comprehensive business report or business plan, depending on which is more appropriate.
Sample consulting projects include:
- Industry and competitive analysis
- Crafting strategic growth plans
- Preparing startup business plans
- Conducting market research
- Developing marketing strategies
- Recommending improvements to operations/systems
- Feasibility studies and cost-benefit analysis
- and more…